Well you might get bumped into these people saying "aren't dentists dealing only with teeth je?"
exsqueeze moi! ("excuse me!" version for non-French language student)
- First of all, don't get pissed off.
- Second, take a deep breath. Inhale. Exhale.
- Third, be prepared to convey these info:
Definition of dentistry:
Dentistry, which is a part of stomatology, is the branch of medicine that is involved in the evaluation, diagnosis, prevention, and surgical or non-surgical treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions of the oral cavity, maxillofacial area and the adjacent and associated structures and their impact on the human body. (wiki)
"which 'adjacent and associated structures'???" they ask.
- Teeth, as what most of the dentists do, kan?
- Maxillofacial area (relating to or involving maxilla and FACE!) as in the job of our Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- some systemic diseases might have manifestations in the oral cavity. Dentists are highly appreciated in this case.
- Head and Neck regions. Otherwise, why would you spend your tiring first year to study Head and Neck anatomy?????
But don't pick a fight yaw!
Filani Fauzi, signing out.